Wednesday, August 24, 2011
The Time is Coming
It's almost here! I will be leaving for the Ukraine in a week. The days have flown by so quickly and I still have so much to do! For those of you who do not know, I will be going to Kiev, Ukraine from September until December. I will be teaching english in a elementary school in Kiev to children from the ages of 3 to about 15 or 16. I am so excited to get to work with little kids in a different country. It will definitely be a challenge, but also a wonderful adventure that I will remember for a lifetime. I am so excited to experience a new culture and learn the language. I will be living with a host family that I hope will be able to show me the ways of life in Kiev so I might be able to fit in. I will be posting on this blog while I am there as a way to keep a journal and also share my experiences with all of you back home. As the day draws closer and closer I get more nervous, but I am ready to take on this new challenge in my life. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jamie,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got safely to Kiev and what an experience you have had so far. Loved reading your first blog and can hardly wait for the next one. Are you rested up yet? And when does your school start? Your living accommodations and family sound really nice. All except for the milk! Wonder if it was buttermilk?? Aunt Beth would have thought that was a treat! Take care and have a good week.
Love,
Grandma Sharon