Sunday, November 6, 2011

Delicious Home Cooking

Today after our stake conference, the older missionary couples invited ILP to come over to their apartments for a home cooked lunch.  They live in the apartments located on the temple grounds so we just walked across the lawn from the church building to the apartment building.  We met in the cafeteria and were then grouped up and divided and assigned a missionary couple.  My roommate from school, Lauren Howell, has grandparents who are serving in the temple presidency here.  I have met them once before at church a few weeks ago.  When we were in the cafeteria they were calling out my name because they wanted me to come over to their apartment.  I felt so honored!  I went over to their place with three other girls.  We had a nice time getting to know each other while Sister Christensen was finishing up making the meal.  We then gathered around the table and dug in.  They had prepared chicken nuggets, potato salad, jello, carrots, and home made rolls for us.  It was delicious!  I haven't had any of that food since we have been in Ukraine.  After our meal we got the Christensen's to tell us the story of how they met, dated, and were married.  It was such a cute story and so sweet to see how excited they were to tell it to us.  They also gave us some great dating advice for when we get back home!haha  Sister Christensen then brought out dessert.  She had made cinnamon rolls, brownies, and also had ice cream bars.  It was so good.  I haven't had a meal with so much flavor in a long time.  After we stuffed ourselves, we sat in their living room and they told us a little bit about the dedication of the Kiev temple that happened last year.  We also got to watch a little bit of the cultural celebration that Ukraine had the day before the dedication.  Then it was time to head home.  I was so grateful to have been invited into their home and be fussed over.  It did make me miss my grandparents though.  I have adopted them as my grandparents while I am here in Ukraine.  Hope they don't mind!  They are so sweet and I really enjoyed spending time with them.  Thanks Lauren for sharing your grandparents with me!  They say hi to you too!(:

No comments:

Post a Comment