Friday, September 16, 2011

Futbol in Ukraine!

What a wild and crazy night last night!  Our ILP group all got tickets to the Ukraine vs. England soccer game.  Some people got really into it and even bought jerseys for the event.  We pushed our way through the crazy crowds to the stadium and found our seats.  We were pretty close to the field, but some people were in a few of our seats.  Good thing we sat next to some nice men that spoke english and they told the others to move.  I don't really have much interest in watching soccer games, no offense but I think they are kinda boring.  The crowd and fans were defiantly very entertaining!  The whole time the stands were filled with people chanting the teams name.  We finally figured out what they were saying so we joined in.  We did draw in a lot of attention though because we made two full rows of girls in a stadium that was full of men.  Some Ukrainian's were trying to teach us a chant and then a nice man that was sitting behind me told us to not say it because he was teaching us bad words.  Oops!  I guess that's what happens when we don't know any Russian.  Good thing we had some nice people sitting around us to help out these poor innocent American girls.  Other fans wanted their pictures taken with us.  I guess I never would have thought it would be really fun to get my picture taken with foreigners, but people in Ukraine like it!  The game ended up with the ending score being 1 to 1.  Not much excitement from that, but I highly enjoyed the crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment