This week I have wanted to pull my hair out because the children have just not been listening or behaving. The group of teachers, including me, have ended each day exhausted and wondering what we having been doing wrong. I have been complaining and wondering why I came to Ukraine to teach kids that do not even care if they learn English or not. But then a good day comes along and I remember how cute this 3-5 year olds are and I grow to love them more and more. Yesterday was that good day. They were all behaving very good and singing their little hearts out when we began class. Then when I was teaching them and making yogurt parfaits, they were listening to me and were excited! Most of them spoke English the whole time too and answered my questions with little prompting. The three other teachers and myself were so happy with how well the kids were behaving that we could not help ourselves that we fooled around and laughed with them. I am so grateful for this successful day. It helped me remember why I want to be a teacher. These Ukrainian kids are so darn cute too!
| Nastya was making this cute surprised face that got all of the teachers laughing |
| Enjoying their parfaits |
| Yum Yum! |
That sounds like fun!!!!!!!!! i miss you so much!!!! hope your having fun!
ReplyDeletefearless smiles,
iridescent me
*music brings smiles*