Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sick

Why does it always seem like everyone gets sick at the same time?  I thought I was doing fine and then all of the sudden a few days ago I woke up not feeling too great.  Then I learned that the kids in my host family all have colds.  I then came to school and all of the teachers are feeling sick too.  We all sound so wonderful talking with our raspy voices trying to teach these kids English.  Most of the students in class have colds too.  I guess a bug is just going around in Ukraine!  I hope it hasn’t reached America yet.  I hope I get over this quick because it is really hard to be motivated to teach when I am not feeling 100%.  I have been going to bed early though because my days have just been so exhausting.  Even though these 3-5 year olds have been sick, they still have tons of energy and know how to keep us teachers on our toes!  I am starting to get the hang of teaching, but it is still a challenge to keep the students attention for a half an hour at a time.  The kids are responding to my questions, so at least I can tell they are learning something!  It is still early on in the semester to tell how much they have learned so I am excited to see what the kids will have learned by December.  Right now I don’t think I can last until then, but hopefully once I start feeling better I will have a better outlook on life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jamie, I can't believe you made it this long without getting sick. Alyson got sick a day or so after you left so I was afraid you were going to be sick as soon as you got there. Take care of yourself and let us know if you run out of medicine-we can send it to you for your birthday. Haha! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a cold since Sunday. I am still not 100% yet but getting close.

    ReplyDelete