Since I only have a little while longer here in Kiev, my host dad said he wants to take me out to see some of the popular places around the city that I have not seen yet. On Saturday he and my host mom to me to see МАМАЄВА СЛОБОДА , an outside museum that features what an authentic old Ukrainian village would look like. My two host sister were at dance class so they could not come with us. We walked around the set up of the village and looked in all of the houses. They were set up like how a Ukrainian family would have them set up. There was a blacksmith shop where we watched a man make tools with fire. That was pretty cool. There was also a church in the center of the village that we went inside. It was very beautiful and full of color. There was a souvenir shop in one of the homes and my host mom bought me an embroidered pot holder. We also shared some honey bread that was in the shape of a fish.haha My host family took all of the pictures because you had to pay to take pictures per camera. All of the photos are still on their computer so I will have to post them later. Before we left the village we found this giant see-saw type swing that my host mom and I helped each other swing on. It was a lot of fun! Hopefully we can go someplace next weekend for my last weekend in Ukraine! On our way home we stopped at Metro, a giant store that seemed to me to be a Costco and Wal Mart combined. We picked up some food and some art supplies for the girls.
After we got home I called up Sarah and found out where they were at. I met up with them at the center of the city and we did some shopping and played in the rain.
We then headed out to the end of the red line to catch the bus to take us to the temple and our church building. Our branch had a Christmas Party that Saturday night. We had pizza and salad and there was also a talent show. Some of the embassy families put on funny skits and a few of the older missionary couples and temple presidentcy sang songs or told stories. It was very fun. Afterwards Katie, Sarah, Elysia, and I headed to Katie's apartment for a sleepover. But first we walked around the temple. They have a nativity scene set up on the grounds.
We were all a little too happy and too tired so things got a little bit crazy on our walk back to the bus. Sarah and Katie had an umbrella fight.
And we also found this lovely graffiti while we were walking under to road to get to our bus.
When we got to Katie's house we met the Ukrainian girl that she is living with. She is very sweet and so nice to let us invade her apartment. I brought all of my good American candy that my roommate sent in a package for me and we ate that and laughed and had a good time.
Sarah even rocked her Christmas socks! So cute(: I am going to miss these girls so much when we got back to America next week. I am so grateful to have made such good friends and been able to spend my time with them in Ukraine.
LiKe!!
ReplyDelete