It was very hard saying goodbye to my host family. They have done so much for me since I have been staying with them in Ukraine. I really appreciate them for being so willing to put up with me for this last month and make my time enjoyable. As a thank you present I had my family send me some Disneyland things. The girls each got Mickey ears with their names on the back.
On our last day together, it was St. Nicholas Day. They took me to their church and I got to see a traditional Mass. This is what their church looks like outside.
It was a very cool experience, but the service was extra long because of the holiday. After a little while I got bored because I could not understand what was being said. Vika and I went to sit down on the benches along the side of the church. After a while Vika fell asleep. It was pretty funny.
I am really grateful for them to have brought me to this though. I got to experience another part of this Ukrainian culture before I came home. I am going to miss my host family. They were so gracious when they were saying goodbye. I hope that in the future they get to host another person from ILP. They were fantastic!
My host dad got a Disney Imagineering t-shirt and my host mom got a mickey mouse bell Christmas ornament. They loved their gifts. One of their dreams is to go to Disneyland. They thought it was so cool when I told them that my dad works for Disney.
It was a very cool experience, but the service was extra long because of the holiday. After a little while I got bored because I could not understand what was being said. Vika and I went to sit down on the benches along the side of the church. After a while Vika fell asleep. It was pretty funny.
I am really grateful for them to have brought me to this though. I got to experience another part of this Ukrainian culture before I came home. I am going to miss my host family. They were so gracious when they were saying goodbye. I hope that in the future they get to host another person from ILP. They were fantastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment