So last night my host family did not get home until about 9pm. After we ate supper I went back into our room and read. Then my two host sisters came in. I could tell they were pretty tired because they were goofing off and laughing at every little thing. They started playing with their pillows. I could not help myself because they were being so cute that I had to take pictures. Of course when I took out my camera they just started being more silly.
They also had a blue balloon that they would blow up as big as it would go and then let go and watch it fly around the room. They would crack up about that. Nadia then figured out that if you pinch the end of a balloon closed it makes an obnoxious high pitched squealing sound. So she kept on doing that too and laughing. I didn't like that so much....haha. Then they played on their jungle gym and wanted me to take pictures. They were trying to do the most complicated poses.
After that, they pulled out their Harry Potter books that they have. Of course they are in Russian, but they have pictures of the characters on the covers. They thought it was fun to point at each of the people and quiz me on who it was. I was very impressed at how much Harry Potter they know at their age. Then Vika would open the book and want me to read it. I would make a weird face and she would just laugh and then go get the next book. This went on for a good while. Finally their dad came in and announced it was time for bed. We did not get to bed until about 11pm. I am so glad I got to spend this time with these girls during my last week here. They are so cute! I am so grateful I got to live with Nadia and Vika during my time here in Kiev.
They also had a blue balloon that they would blow up as big as it would go and then let go and watch it fly around the room. They would crack up about that. Nadia then figured out that if you pinch the end of a balloon closed it makes an obnoxious high pitched squealing sound. So she kept on doing that too and laughing. I didn't like that so much....haha. Then they played on their jungle gym and wanted me to take pictures. They were trying to do the most complicated poses.
After that, they pulled out their Harry Potter books that they have. Of course they are in Russian, but they have pictures of the characters on the covers. They thought it was fun to point at each of the people and quiz me on who it was. I was very impressed at how much Harry Potter they know at their age. Then Vika would open the book and want me to read it. I would make a weird face and she would just laugh and then go get the next book. This went on for a good while. Finally their dad came in and announced it was time for bed. We did not get to bed until about 11pm. I am so glad I got to spend this time with these girls during my last week here. They are so cute! I am so grateful I got to live with Nadia and Vika during my time here in Kiev.
No comments:
Post a Comment