It was my host sister Vika's birthday on Saturday. She turned 7 years old. I was woken up at 8am for breakfast that morning and we had potatoes with some kind of bread baked into it. I gave Vika the birthday card I had made her. She loved it. She kept on walking around the house showing the family. Then my host parents went off to work and my other host sister Nadia went to dance lessons. I stayed at home for the morning with Vika and one of her friends. They played games and played on their little jungle gym in their room. Nadia came home from dance and I made them sandwiches for lunch. Then a young boy (one of their friends) came over. We were picked up from our apartment by another friend and her dad and he drove us to a mall with a movie theater in it. The five kids and I got to see Делай ноги 2 (Happy Feet 2). It was all in Russian so I did not understand anything that was going on. I have only seen the first Happy Feet movie in Spanish so I don't even know the story line of that one either.haha I guess eventually I will have to see those movies in English. After the movie we went downstairs in the mall to a cafe where we met up with another family with two young girls and got some food. Nadia had all the money so she bought the food for all of us. It was very chaotic. Then we went back upstairs to a children's play place and all the kids played for a half hour while I sat and watched. After the play place, we went to trampolines with bungie cords and each of the kids jumped for a while too. Finally, we got picked up by the family that dropped us off and they brought us back to our apartment. There was a big family dinner waiting for us when we got back. The kids hurried to eat and rushed off to play. I sat around with the adults and attempted to understand what they were saying. It didn't work out too well. I was also so tired so I just wanted to go to bed. After some traditional dessert everyone headed out. Everyone else was as tired as me so we all turned in for the night. As far as I could tell Vika had a very fun birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment