Monday, October 10, 2011

Conference and the Kiev Temple

I finally got to watch General Conference this weekend.  Because of the time difference in Ukraine, we didn't watch it last week in church because conference was taking place at 7pm my time.  Instead we got the DVDs sent to us with the broadcast on them and watched them this weekend at the times that we would have watched them if we were back in the states.  I really really enjoyed conference this time.  For some reason I have not been feeling the Spirit that strongly since I have been in Ukraine, but this weekend really set me on a spiritual high.  All of the talks were fantastic and I felt more connected to the gospel because I got to hear the words of our prophets.  I loved all of the testimonies that were shared about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.  They made me want to read it more seriously while I am here in Ukraine so I can feel more comfort and closer to my Heavenly Father.  This conference has reminded me that I am never alone, no matter where I am in the world.  If I am ever feeling lost or lonely while I am in Ukraine, I can always turn to him for comfort and guidance.  I am truly grateful for a living prophet on the earth and the opportunity we have to hear his words and the words of his apostles twice a year.  I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true no matter where you are in the world.
   What also made this conference pretty special to me is that we got to watch it at the church building that is on the temple grounds.  Last week, our branch was moved to the building at the temple and this was my first time seeing it.  The temple is so beautiful and it lifted my spirits so much when I walked towards the grounds and all the sounds of the outside world disappeared.  I didn't have the chance to go inside yet, but I am planning on doing that very soon.   Maybe even next weekend!  I am so excited to see the temple every Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful experience. It really is a beautiful place to go each week.

    ReplyDelete