Saturday, October 22, 2011

Prague: Day 1

I finally get to go on my second vacation!  I have become pretty close friends to three other girls here and we decided to go to Prague for seven days.  I woke up this morning and packed a little suitcase for my trip. I then met up with Katie, Elysia, and Sarah at the train station where we caught a shuttle to the Kiev Airport.  We checked in and headed to the gate.  I had to throw out my eyebrow scissors at security because I forgot they were in my makeup bag.  Darn it...  We boarded the plan (we flew on Czech Air) and  they had music playing while we boarded.  I had to hold back a laugh because while I was walking down the isle to my seat they were playing "Chariots of Fire".  I really wanted to do everything in slow motion, but the people behind me would have gotten mad.  The flight was really nice, about an hour and 45 minutes, so I got a nice little nap.  We landed in Prague at about 4:30pm, went through passport check, and found our shuttle that drove us to our hotel.  Our driver was really nice and gave us some suggestions of what to see while we are here.  He then dropped us off at our hotel.  We are staying at Hotel Charles Central.  It is pretty nice.  We are in a room with four beds and they are very very comfy!  I am going to sleep good tonight!  We settled in and tried to decided what to do for the night.  It was already getting dark so we just decided to get some dinner and then decide what to do the rest of the week.  We went to a restaurant just a few doors down from our hotel called Bageterie Boulevard.  It was a delicious sandwich and salad place.  I had a good barbecue meatball sandwich on toasted bread.  We then found a grocery store and I stalked up on some snacks and fruit.  I also found peanut butter!!!  I was so excited.  I'm gonna have to bring some of that back with me to Ukraine.  We then headed back to our hotel room and laughed the night away.  I have a feeling this is gonna be one great week.  Tomorrow we are gonna be out and about exploring the city.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun and enjoy the peanut butter while you can. Did you look at that website I suggested? It has some really neat things to see while in Prague

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE FUN!!!!! Take lots of pictures so I can (practically) be there with you! MISS YA TONS!!!!! by the way, this is amelia!

    ReplyDelete