Monday, October 24, 2011

Prague: Day 2

We allowed ourselves to sleep in a little bit this morning and then got ourselves ready for the day.  Our hotel gives us a complementary breakfast so we went down to the restaurant and filled up on delicious food. This was one of the best breakfasts I have had since I have been in Europe.  There was so much food!  We filled ourselves up for the rest of the day so we could enjoy exploring Prague.  After breakfast we headed out toward The Charles Bridge.  We are staying about a 30 minute walk from that so we enjoyed walking down the european streets.  We stopped in a few shoe stores and window shopped.  I found a lot of cute shoes for pretty cheep.  I don't know, but I might come back with new shoes.....hehe  Once we got more towards Old Town, we started seeing street performers.  We had fun dancing in the streets to the groups of old men playing their jazz music.  We walked around the big square with the astronomical clock and went into the churches that are around that area.  We missed when the clock chimed so we are going to be there another day to see the show.  After having fun in the square we walked by more souvenir shops and headed toward the Charles Bridge.  We walked along it and saw a gorgeous view of the whole city.  It was pretty cloudy and cold, but it was still beautiful.  We made it to the other side of the bridge and got some hot chocolate to warm ourselves up.  Then we headed back and found the metro.  We wanted to figure this out before it got dark outside because we did not want to be stuck walking back to our hotel in the dark at night.  We took the metro to the mall and did some more window shopping.  Elysia found a warm jacket (because she desperately needed one).  We then ate dinner at a Mongolian Barbecue place.  It was delicious!  I miss chinese food.  After a pretty long day of walking around, we headed back to our hotel and relaxed.  We stayed up pretty late talking and laughing again, but I didn't care because I am really enjoying my time with Sarah, Elysia, and Katie.  I took a lot of pictures today, but I didn't bring my camera cord with me so I can't upload them to my computer.  I will put all my Prague pictures up on my blog when I get back to Kiev.

1 comment:

  1. im glad you got some gooood food :) instead of your boring ukranian food you have been sick of :) Sounds like funnn!! Take lots and lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete